Students will learn more and more expertise starting from the second year.
Course selection information from the all-campus education courses
In the second year, all students will transfer from “General Education Department” to “Faculty and course”. Therefore, for the first-year students who have entered the university through the first semester schedule and integrated entrance exam, please think about what expertise you would like to learn and which course you can take to learn that expertise in the first year. There are 12 faculties at Hokkaido University. You can choose the course in which you can learn the expertise from the faculties. A lot of information will be required to choose the course that you would like to study.
In our course, the teacher who is in charge of the course kindly introduces the specialized lecture every week, through the all-campus education courses and integrated course called “Environment and human beings (Frontier Life Sciences created by biological function macromolecules)”, which can serve as a reference for course selection.
All-campus education courses and “Integrated course” opening plan (the first and second semesters)
Environment and human beings (Frontier Life Sciences created by biological function macromolecules I and II) (Wednesday 5:00 only)
Course counseling and explanation session
In the Biological Science course of the Faculty of Science (Macromolecular Science and Engineering), we provide course counseling and explanation session with the teacher in charge and counselors. Please use the following opportunities and events.
(1) All-campus education courses: Environment and human beings (Frontier Life Sciences created by biological function macromolecules I and II) (Wednesday 5:00 only). After the lesson ends, you can talk with the teacher in charge of the lecture.
(2) Consultation with the academic support center faculty counselor (the teacher in charge of the Biological Science course of the Faculty of Science — Macromolecular Science and Engineering –). Please refer to the faculty counselor list of the General Education Department Handbook for the contact methods.
(3) Faculty and course explanation session held by the General Education Department (September and February) (plan)
(4) Laboratory tour event, called “Faculty exploration”, held by the faculty (plan)
(5) The Biological Science course (Macromolecular Science and Engineering) students will exhibit the “Macromolecular exhibition” (free participation) (plan) at the “Science festival” that is planned by the Faculty of Science students in the period of Hokkaido University Festival in June.
- Complete course support system p8−9
- Faculty and course transition p10−12
Please see here for the faculty and course transition in details.
Hokkaido University Academic Support Center